Thursday, November 01, 2012
Teignford's Revamped Fiddle Yard.
So, bearing in mind that the layout will have to last for a good few years, I decided it might as well have a belt and braces approach. I also decided to cut the number of tracks down to three from four.
Using aluminium T section this time- make sure it's not the coated type- holes were drilled on either side and screwed to the boards with shakeproof washers.
The rails were also attached to some wider copperclad paxolin which should make the ends more resiliant to damage. Anyway, the wiring was reattached and an ammeter used to check that continuity was where it was needed and finally locos, coaches and wagons passed over all sections to make sure that it worked. After a few tweaks- it does!